Last weekend was a great weekend at our house, we got a new bigger bed. Well, let me rephrase that we got a much bigger bed. To make you appreciate our new bigger bed, you need some background. When Ryan lived with his parents he was the biggest person in the house with the smallest room and slept in the smallest bed, a twin. So, since we moved into our house a year and a half ago we have been sleeping on the full size bed that I had. Sleeping in a full size bed with Ryan who is 6ft tall with broad shoulders and me who doesn't really like to be touched when I'm trying to fall asleep does not work. Many nights I would get an elbow to the eye or Ryan would roll over on top of me and every night it was a battle over the covers. So, we have been pushing off getting a bigger bed because we had a lot of other things we wanted to do to our house. Once we knew we were getting married we told ourselves that with the money we got we were going to get a new bed and finish our basement.
We ordered our new bed and it finally was delivered last Friday. Lesson to be learned, measure before ordering furniture. The delivery guys set up the bed and it was gigantic! We had a TV stand in the corner that was tall and skinny and with the new bed Ryan couldn't even get around to his side of the bed. So needless to say we had to do a lot of rearranging. But after all of that I finally know what if feels like to sleep like a baby.
Anyways, here's some pictures of our new bed.

3 comments:
I think we just got the exact same bed. :) How funny! Don't you love it!!!
That cracks me up. I just saw yours on your blog. Wait can I say we both have great taste!
I'm so jealous. That is exactly what I want. We have a really nice mattress set, but just a metal frame. That was going to be our next big purchase but instead we are paying for more school. Fun!
Post a Comment