After finishing my two 10 page papers (well they are almost finished) for the end of the quarter I'm rewarding my self by allowing myself to blog. I have a ton of pictures to post but they will all have to wait for when I have more time.
On the 19th we left for our last vacation before we before our little one comes. Ryan has been looking forward to visiting the new Yankee Stadium ever since they announced they were going to build a new stadium. We flew the red eye so we arrived in New York at around 6am, I had requested early check-in at the hotel which was supposed to be around 11am so we had some time to kill and it was exciting to be back in the city but all I wanted to do was climb in bed and sleep. At around 11am our room wasn't ready and I was sleeping in the chair in the lobby. Ryan went to the front desk and played the prego card and got us into a room and our room was even upgraded so we had a living room area and two bathrooms. It was great to have the extra space because hotel rooms in New York are never really big. Being prego has it's advantages!
First thing on our agenda was to visit Carnagie Deli. Their sandwiches are ginormous (it really says that on the menu) and their cheesecake is just as fabulous and big. This isn't a place you can eat everyday cause for a simple lunch of two sandwiches, one drink and a slice of cheesecake our bill came to $65 not including tip! Crazy!
We were able to go to two Yankee games. The game on Monday that we weren't going to got rained out so we were a bit scared that our games would be cancelled. Tuesday we had a night game where we had good weather just a little fog. On Wednesday we had a day game and it started out great but then rained through the 7th inning but luckily they didn't delay the game at all. Both games that Yankees came out with a win which was nice to see and kept Ryan in a good mood.

The new stadium was amazing! The jumbo-tron in center field was so clear it just didn't seem real. We sat on the first base line the 1st game and on the third base line the 2nd game both on field level. The great thing about sitting field level is that you have nice padded seats and waiter service so you don't have annoying vendors walking up and down yelling, "Beer, popcorn, peanuts!" There is something about baseball games that makes me sooooooo hungry and at the new stadium they have every kind of food you can think of but they kindly put how many calories is in each item next to the price. Needless to say when I saw cheese fries had 1300 calories in them I passed them up.
Another cool thing that we did was go to the Madison Square Garden Tour. There is so much history at MSG and it was cool to take the tour. We were able to see the New York Rangers practice and go into the Knicks and Rangers locker rooms.

The Broadway show that we went and saw this time was Jersey Boys which is a story about Franky Valli and the Four Seasons, they sang a ton of songs that you would know including Big Girls Don't Cry. It was the most masculine Broadway show that I could find that I thought Ryan would be able to sit through and it was such a great show that we both really enjoyed.

Even though we had to battle some rain New York is so beautiful in the Spring. It is crazy to see so many lovely tulips in the middle of all this hustle and bustle.

Friday was our last day there and the weather was perfect to spend the day in Central Park. The other times we have been we have just wanted in the park and back out, this time we walked through 3/4 of the park which runs from 59th Street through 121st street. There is so much in the park that it's not possible to see it all and walking through that big of a park when your 31 weeks pregnant takes a lot out of you.
All in all it was a great trip but it was nice to be able to come home and still have the weekend to relax.

7 comments:
It seems like you guys had a ball! That is funny you played the prego card... Its even better that it worked!
Sounds like you guys had a great trip!! I love NYC!! Chris and I need to go back again.
I looks like you guys had a lot of fun, you're a pretty good trooper to fly being 31 weeks pregnant. I thought being 23 weeks prego was bad enough flying.
I am SO jealous! It looks like you guys had such a fun time! I hace to agree with Colleen...you are a trooper!!
ps. I LOVE the baby bedding!!
Logan, how fun!!! What a great vacation!! The tulips are my favorite. You look so dang cute pregnant!! Sounds like you are feeling good. Your mom is sooo excited!!
Fun trip! Tell Ryan not to worry about the umbilical cord... it's not quite as big as a vienna snausage. It does kinda taste like one though... a little more spicy, but pretty similar in taste! You'll see!
Are you getting excited?!? You are so close! It will be such a joyous day when your little one comes, I wish I could do it over again!!!
Talk to you soon!
I love the picture of all the orange tulips! Hope you are doing well...34 weeks now... can you believe it. I remember that's about when I started getting pretty uncomfortable! You'll do great! I'm excited for you guys!
Post a Comment