CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Carver's Cove

This last Friday Amira, my sister-in-law Maryam, and I set out to Carver's Cove Petting Farm in Eden. The weather the night before and earlier that day wasn't great so it was a little muddy and some of the animals weren't out like they usually are from what the owner told us. We didn't mind too much because we had the whole farm to ourselves. There's a little of everything at the farm but this guy was super cute, I had never been that close to a llama before.

Amira wasn't quite sure at first about the goats and sheep, I think Maryam was afraid to let her to close cause the goats were a little aggressive. We bought food for 50 cents and we were very popular with the animals.
One goat kept stalking me and jumping all over me. I had dirty hoof prints on my legs and butt from this guy

There was a little orange kitty that Amira was quite fond of, I was surprised how soft and gentle she was with the kitty.

The kitty also had a friend who was Piper the Pig, it was so funny to see a cat sit on a pig! Even though pigs are forbidden animals in our world I have to say that Piper reminded me a lot of Capone. She was lazy just like Capone, she rolled over for us to scratch her belly just like Capone, and she wouldn't move to come get the food we had for her we had to dump it right in from of her mouth just like Capone.

We spent some time petting the horses and cows too. When it's better weather they have ponies out for the kids to ride so we will have to go back next summer for Amira to take a ride. I was a little scared of the cows especially when they moo'ed, it was so loud!
We also saw geese, bunnies, duck, little chicks, and a few dogs. Amira also took time to sit on the tractor and by the barn. 

It was a lot of fun and only 15 minutes away from our house. The owner was super nice and told us to come back next June when all of the baby animals are born so that will for sure be on our to do list for next summer.


On another note, I am almost 21 weeks along!!!  I can't believe I am half way there. I know it's probably a little too soon to be counting down but when you love one little girl so much you just can't wait for another one to come along. I get my 4-D ultrasound done at the end of April so I'm looking forward to getting a better look at this baby. She is starting to move around quite a bit which is always fun to feel.

2 comments:

Baird Family said...

I cannot believe how big Amira is getting. She has the cutest little face! Where is Carver's Cove?

Logan said...

It's in Eden