CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Amira's 2 Year Old Check Up

We went to Amira's 2 year old check up last Friday. I'm not sure who allowed the time to go by so fast.
At 2 years old Amira is:

34 inches tall (55%)
25 lbs. 8 ozs (30%)

Amira is a smarty pants (at least we think so) she can recognize all of the letters in the alphabet, upper and lowercase. She knows all of the major shapes, can count to 15, and knows most of her colors. She just loves to read and learn things. We are lucky to have so many people that work with her on all of her skills. I just know she is going to be such a good big sister and help teach Ari all of the things she is learning.
 
Amira is starting to try to tell you stories and ask a lot more questions. I laugh so hard it brings tears to my eyes usually once a day with the things she is starting to say. Some of the funny things she says are:
  • "Momma, you okay?"--She asks everyone this question at least 10-15 times a day.
  • "Let's go see what Papa is doin'"--She always wants to go see what everyone's doing. The most popular is Papa and Animals
  • "Daddy you ready?"--This is an automatic question she asks as soon as I finish doing her hair.
  • "Oh my!"
  • "Oh dear!"
  • "I try, try, try."
  • "Hold it"--She wants you to pick her up.
  • "Wait for meeeee!"
  • "Get suz on." --When she wants to go outside she tells us to get shoes on.
Over the past few months, we've really seen Amira's interests changes. Here are some of her favorite things:
  • Activity: Playing outside in the dirt, swinging, and picking not so ripe strawberries with Grandpa
  • Store: Petco to see what the animals are doing
  • Toy: Lego's
  • Book: Bad Frogs
  • Song: ABC's, Where is thumbkin, and I like to Eat Apples and Banana's
  • TV Show: Peppa Pig
  • Movie: Cars and "Princess" (Tangled)
  • Food: Ryan's BBQ Cchicken, Munchies (Pub mix from Costco) and Ice Cream (which is really yogurt)
Amira is such a joy to have around and she brings a great deal of happiness into our life. It's going to be fun to see how much she changes in the next year. I just hope the terrible two's are kind to us!

0 comments: