We finally made it to the Hogle Zoo to see the new polar bear and boy did we have quite the clan with us. Ryan was out of town so I asked my Mom if she wanted to come then all the sudden we had a huge group. My Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Christie, my cousins Cameron and Crystal, and Madi, Cameron's girlfriend. Who knew so many people wanted to go to the zoo
I think everyone who grew up in Utah has a picture of them drinking out of this drinking fountain. I hope they never take this out of the zoo.Even with our whole group, we still didn't weigh as much as a rhino!
Looking for Monkey's. Right after I took this picture the monkey ran along the bottom of the glass then jumped right in front of Ari. She just laughed, it was great1.
Exploring at the zoo.
I think Ari's favorite part was the Otter's she really liked how fast they would swim by.Amira's favorite part was the seals. This one seal just kept swimming in circles by us. Amira kept turning around and yelling, "Did you see that Grandpa?"
We told Amira that the seal was trying to give her a kiss through the glass. It was really cool to see him/her that close.
Amira's hand isn't quite as big as a polar bears paw, we will check back next year to see if it's getting closer.
A lot of things have changed at the zoo since I was little but the giraffe exhibit has stayed the same.
Cute Amira and Grandma, this is the closest we got to the tigers, they were all hiding from us.
I of course stayed outside and rested while everyone else went into the reptile building. Supposedly they witnessed a bird try to kill another bird.
The girls love the Merry Go Round, although Amira thought we were going to go to Lagoon next after she got off. I was smart this time and chose to sit out so I didn't have another Balboa Park incident.
Amira wanted to ride the hippo and luckily there was one for her to ride.
Again, another photo that I think every kid has in their photo collection from Hogle Zoo.
We got lucky with the Gorilla's, one came right up to the window. Madi told the girls to put their hand on the glass and once Madi did, the Gorilla slammed his hand on the glass and everyone screamed. It was classic!
We had a blast at the zoo and I can't wait to take the girls to the San Diego Zoo next time we are there.


0 comments:
Post a Comment