CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 3, 2009

2 weeks and 3 days old

I can't believe Amira is only 2 weeks and 3 days old. The time has flown by and she seems so much older to me. We are still trying to get her on a better sleep schedule. She is a party animal and likes to keep us up from about 11pm till 3am and then she hits the sack hard and sleeps till 6:30am we feed and change her and then she is back to sleep till about 10am. We also took Amira to her 2 week appointment on Wednesday she grew an inch so she is now 20.5 inches tall and she weighs 6lbs 13oz now. She had dropped down to 6lbs 2oz at our one week appointment so she had a really good weight gain in the last week. Our pediatrician also told us that she has long legs so she may be a dancer. I was really excited to hear this so hopefully she wants to be a little dancer like I was.

Auntie Meme and I took Amira to get her pictures taken this week as well. She had been up all morning and I thought for sure she would be asleep when we got to our appointment but she was wide awake. I was so happy to get pictures with her eyes open because it seems like anytime we have had visitors come over she is always sleeping.
Here are her glamour shots.
Ryan didn't like the picture below cause she doesn't have a shirt on. I still think it's cute.

Many people including myself were concerned about how Capone would react to the baby and having to share the attention. I was a bit sketchy about things at first just because Capone doesn't realize that he is a 68 lb tank but Amira and Capone are happily co-existing! Capone's is just barely tall enough that his chin fits a little bit over the swing so he goes and checks to see if she is in there but doesn't ever bother her. Capone seems like he would just prefer to lay on his couch and sleep. I love having a lazy dog!

1 comments:

Kaye said...

She is soooo Beautiful!!! What cute pics! Sounds like she is doing really great. I am sure she will be a wonderful dancer. I can't wait to see her. I will be there in about to weeks.