CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Bunch of Firsts

It has been such a busy last couple of weeks and we have done so many new things with Amira. First of all on August 21st we went to her 2 month doctor appointment. This was the big appointment for her first shots. Ryan was in Maryland for work so I went by myself and cried the whole way to the doctors. My little cousin had a horrible reaction to the pertussis shot and even though I knew the chances Amira having the same reaction would be rare, I was still scared. After talking with our wonderful pediatrician Dr. Rose, he made me feel really comfortable with my decision All in all I cried more than Amira that day. Dr. Rose was really impressed with Amira he poked at her and she was just a calm as could be. She got a clean bill of health and now weighs 10lbs 8oz and is 22 1/2 inches long.

The following Sunday we headed down to San Diego. Ryan had to go to the Naval base down here to take a two week class. This was Amira's first plane ride and it went extremely well. The only thing that went wrong was that I forgot her diaper bag sitting on our dining room table!!! It turned out okay because I had back ups of everything I needed inside a carry on bag, the only thing we didn't have was diapers. Luckily they sell diapers at the airport gift shop but they were one size fit most. It was just a good thing that we didn't have a poopy diaper while she had the huge diaper on. Conveniently Ryan's sister Maryam came down to stay with us a couple days later and brought me her diaper bag. Our flight wasn't full so Amira was able to get her own seat instead of us having to hold her. She ate right after we got on the plane and slept for the rest of the flight.


Once we got to San Diego Amira had a little problem with not having poopy diapers she went about 4 days. I called to see what we could do and we were told to give her some prune juice. I only needed a couple ounces but of course they only sell it in gallons at the store we went to. Once we got home I thought well if she is getting her milk from me maybe if I drink some that will do the trick too. I took a huge gulp of the prune juice and almost puked! I felt really bad giving Amira the nasty stuff after I couldn't even stand it. I think she may have only drank 1/8 of a teaspoon but the next day we had a poopy diaper.


We have done a lot of shopping while in San Diego and I found these cute PJ's for Amira. They are nice and warm which is good because our hotel room is really cold. I love the ballet slippers and can't wait till she gets to wear real ballet slippers.

While Ryan was in Maryland he went to a Baltimore Orioles and Washington Nationals game. We both like going to new stadiums and watching games even though we are true Yankee fans. Last night we decided to just go get cheap tickets to a Padres game and take Amira to her first baseball game. We only stayed for a couple of innings since we have been to their stadium before but it was still fun. This is the first time I've sat higher than field level at a baseball game and it was actually pretty cool to be able to see everything from that high.

This shows how high up we were but it was nice because no one sat next to us, behind us, or in front of us. Here's Amira all bundled up at the game. Hopefully we will be able to make it to a Yankee's game next season with Amira.


Today Maryam goes home and we still have 4 days left in San Diego and then we are going to head up north to stay with Ryan's uncle in Fallbrook for 5 days. I really miss our bulldog and I know that all of the Grandma's and Grandpa's are really missing Amira. It makes me really glad that we live so close to all of our family.

2 comments:

Baird Family said...

Ok, first I have to tease you that you did NOT catch a fish at the fish farm. How is that possible?!

Second, I think Amira should come stay with me for awhile. She is so stinking cute and I am SO baby hungry that I think it might tide me over for another year.

Courtney said...

She is adorable!! She looks just like you I think. I love all the cute clothes you have on her and that smile is heart melting!