CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

11 Months Old

Tomorrow Amira turns 11months old and she's as busy as ever. Last week we went up to the outlets in Park City and Ryan bought Amira her first pair of Nike's. The shoe on the left is my first Nike's that my Mom saved. I love that they have similarities and she looks so cute in them.
Amira loves to read/look at books and everyone loves to read to her. Her favorite book is called "That's not my monkey." It's a touch and feel book and in the last couple weeks we found, "That's not my puppy, That's not my baby, That's not my lion, and That's not my dinosaur." I purchased one at a boutique for $8.99 and that same day my grandparents purchased 2 books that are practically brand new at a yard sale for 5o cents each!
We are still going to baby gym at least every Saturday. I think Amira is enjoying it even more now that she can walk all around the gym. Crawling is no longer her means of transportation she's even perfected standing up without any assistance.


Amira now have 6 teeth, three on the top and three on the bottom. We are trying to get her to eat different types of food which has been an adventure. She has quite the sensitive gag reflex so you never know when she's going to puke. A couple days ago she puked in her just washed car seat, on me and on herself. I changed and checked out my hoodie and didn't see any puke. So I went for a run and was about a mile and a half away from home when I reached up with my wrist to wipe my forehead and ended up wiping puke on myself. So I guess I didn't look that hard at everywhere the puke went. It's funny now but wasn't funny then.
Amira is starting to chatter a lot and mimicking what you say. My grandma's house is decorated in chickens and roosters so we've been trying to teach Amira that roosters say cock-a-doodle-doo. So far she only says, "cock" which isn't really what we were going for so we've switch over to learning what cows say. Amira loves laptops too which makes for a challenge when I work from home, it's a good thing someone invented the undo button.
I can't believe we are only a month a way from her 1st birthday, I can't wait to celebrate with our friends and family.



2 comments:

ThompsonFamily said...

Time flies by so fast doesnt it? Its fun seeing them get to new stages but sad at the same time. Amira is so cute! Oh, and Cooper loves the very same Osborne books! :)

The Kaspers of Logan said...

Way to teach your child profanities already! The video of Amira walking is so cute, I can't wait : )