A couple of weeks ago my mom, Amira, and I went down to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point.
This was our first trip down to the festival and I think it's something we will plan on doing each year. The day we went was at the beginning of the festival so all the tulips weren't completely open but it was still amazing to walk around the huge garden.
I was amazed at how may different types of tulips there are. The garden was also filled with other pretty flowers too.
It kind of reminded me of Central Park on a smaller scale because there was something new around every corner.
It was fun to let Amira just crawl around on the grass. She is still getting used to the feeling of the grass. She honestly loves to feel different textures so I didn't think that she would mind the grass to much. As you can see in the picture she didn't want all of her body touching the grass but she got used to it after a bit.
The weather was also great so it made for a relaxing time out in the sun. The gardens at Thanksgiving Point is a must see and I hope we can make it down there one more time this summer.


2 comments:
I love the Tulip Festival.. here are a few reasons why:
1. Tulips are my favorite flower.
2. I love the Secret Garden spot.
3. Clint proposed to me in front of that waterfall on April 23rd, 2005!
SOOOO pretty! I love tulips and wish they were in bloom all summer long. I want to go to the tulip festival one year. Maybe next year, eh?
I can't believe Amira is walking! It's kind of drunk walking! She is such a cute little stinker!
Post a Comment