We stayed at the Venetian and it was so nice. The whole hotel is all suites which I didn't know before so I room was huge and had a really nice living room area. Ryan like that the curtains had a remote control to it. We did a lot of shopping and ate at some really good restaurants while we were there.
The main thing we came for was the fight though which was at the MGM. The whole hotel was transformed for the fight, it was really something to see. The day before we went to the weigh in which was a pretty long process but it was interesting for me cause I had never been to one before.
The boxers get on the scale in just their underwear to see if they made weight but one boxer had to everything off to try to make weight, they held up something to cover him but they didn't do the best job. I thought it was funny that they really thought his boxer briefs were going to make him weigh that much less.
The next night we went to the fight and during the matches before the main fight we went and sat up really close until the people came that were in those seats.
During that time we saw a lot of celebrities come in and they walked right by us, probably about 12 feet away from us. We saw Charles Barkely, Reggie Miller, Magic Johnson, Jalen Rose, Star Jones, and Jeremy Piven. I thought that was pretty cool.
Watching the fight live was a lot different than watching it from our living room. You don't get all of the commentary and you are further away so it's really hard to tell who is winning. Plus there was a lot of fans for Marquez the guy Ryan didn't like so every little thing that happened the crowd would go crazy.
It was actually really stressful cause Ryan spent a lot of money for the tickets so I really wanted to outcome to go the way he wanted. Luckily all was well and Manny who we wanted to win won.
We had a great time while we were in Vegas. It was probably the busiest I've ever seen it because the weekend fell on a holiday (Veteran's Day), it was a fight weekend, plus it was 11-11-11 so we saw Brides everywhere that day. I love Vegas so I'm looking forward to going back, hopefully when it's a bit warmer though.


0 comments:
Post a Comment