CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ari's Winter Onederland Party

For Ari's first birthday I decided I wanted to do a Winter Onederland theme, which I honestly had been planning since she was about one month old. Scary, I know! Luckily with us having our new house we had plenty of room for everyone too.  Here's Ari's party invitation (a little edited):
Luckily with us having our new house we had plenty of room for everyone too. My grandparents even made the trip up from St. George to celebrate with us. I wish I would have taken more pictures of everyone with Ari though.
 Grandma Great and Aunt Christie


For the most part, everything turned out really cute. To stick with the Winter theme, we had a soup and sandwiches for our meal. My Mom mad chicken and dumplings, my Dad made Clam Chowder, and Ryan's Aunt Nahid made Osh (a Persian soup) all of the soups were very yummy! Then we had a hot chocolate bar because whats better on a cold Winter day than hot chocolate!






Ari of course got extremely spoiled. She got lots of cute new clothes, some swimming suits for our upcoming vacations, books, some fun toys, and more of her favorite blankets. I think Ari had a hard time understanding why I would show her a fun present and then put it aside.



 At this point in the day she was starting to get tired and we still had cake to eat!
I was actually pretty disappointed in Ari's cake. I had went to Vintage Cupcake to order it and the owner was super nice, showed me very cute examples and told me that it would be two tiered. I gave her a copy of the invitation and told her I wanted it to be "Wintery". When I went to pick up the cake this is what I got.
No two tiers and not very "Wintery", I was pretty upset but just a young kid was working there and he didn't know anything about it. I tried to call and complain, left messages but never got a call back. I know Ari didn't care but I didn't get what I was expecting. Needless to say they have lost my business.

By the time we were ready to do cake, Ari was even more tired from all of the excitement but she was a trooper the whole time. But once she got messy she didn't want any part of this cake thing any more.




 Ari was even kind enough to want to share!
By the end of the night everyone was exhausted!
 (Ryan's Uncle Mo)
We had so much fun celebrating Ari's 1st birthday with all of our family and some friends. Now on to planning Amira's birthday party!

0 comments: