CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Treehouse

The minute we moved into our house we knew there was a perfect spot in our backyard for a playhouse. The spot is great because it can be hidden behind the big tree that sits outside our kitchen window so it's out of the way for mowing purposes so you might never know it's actually there. The girls love to play in the playhouse at my grandparents so I've been on the search for the right one for our yard for a couple of months. I wanted a wooden one but I couldn't seem to find one that was the right size and the right price. Well of course, Costco came through for us once again. Ryan saw it first and was so excited to show me. I immediately knew that it was the perfect fit for the girls and the space.
Our first challenge was to build a floor. The house didn't come with a floor and we needed it to be level so at first we were going to use pavers but ended up buying these flexible pavers that are made out of recycled tires. We tried just laying those down but it wasn't even enough so we had to put two layer of plywood down first. After that and $100 (ugh!) later it was great.
We started building the playhouse on our Friday off of work. Luckily my grandparents and Ryan's mom helped watch over the girls while we built the playhouse. The manual said it would take 4 hours for two adults to build. When it took about 40 minutes to unpack the box and sort out the parts and screws, I knew that 4 hours was a little optimistic. These are all of the parts and screws.

We started out building it in the garage and then transferred to the backyard half way through. It was pretty funny to see Ryan working inside the playhouse. Once the roof went on it got pretty tight inside for a 6ft tall guy to stand in. It is pretty roomy though I think, I can stand straight up in the middle.

It took a long time to build but was fairly simple, there were just a lot of steps and parts. After about 8 hours we were able to go pick up the girls and reveal the surprise.
They loved it and Amira calls it her tree house. Since it took so long to build we were only able to play in it for a bit because it was getting dark.


I'm so glad that we found such a great little playhouse for the girls and I know they will have years of fun in it and hopefully have great memories.

0 comments: