It's a musical and every Halloween it plays in theatres across the country where the audience gets to participate by using props and lots of people dress up like the characters in the movie. During a portion of the movie you dance in the aisle so before the movie they teach you the dance. (Which is the song playing on my blog, it's a catchy tune so hopefully you don't get it stuck in your head.)
Now days they don't let you bring in your own props cause some people used to get really carried away. We all purchased prop bags that they sold at the theatre which makes the movie so much more fun. The bags came with rice (to throw during the wedding scene), squirt guns (to squirt other people during the rain scene, newspaper (to cover your head during the rain), noise makers, rubber gloves (goes with a lab scene), toast (to throw during a dinner toast), party hat to wear during the party scenes, and a roll of toilet paper to throw when a character name Mr. Scott enters the story. You also yell out a lot of stuff too. My mom new all of the phrases because she went all the time when she was younger. I think she had the most fun because it took her back to her high school years.
Noelle and I got caught in the middle of some thrown toilet paper. It's not very often that you go to a movie and get rice in your hair, water shot in your eye and toilet paper thrown at your ear.

If you are interested in going to the next showing they are playing it on Halloween at 10pm. Again its a weird movie but so much fun to be a part of. We are already talking about going again next year!
If you are interested in going to the next showing they are playing it on Halloween at 10pm. Again its a weird movie but so much fun to be a part of. We are already talking about going again next year!


1 comments:
Yeah..I'll never forget the first time I saw that movie. My old roommate, Brandy, had it and loved it. I thought it was freaking CRAZY..but sort of funny. She loved going to those theatre shows too, but I never went. Sounds interesting!
Post a Comment