CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 22, 2010

The Perfect Pumpkins

This year I wanted to start a couple of our own family traditions. I had seen quite a few advertisements for Black Island Farm so we decided to venture out there to start a new tradition of taking a hayride to pick out the perfect pumpkin.

Ryan said he had never been to a pumpkin patch so this was a new experience for him too and he was glad that he didn't wear Jordans since we had to walk through the fields to find a pumpkin.
While we were waiting to catch our hayride Amira had a great time running around, picking up rocks and having me chase her. She is always on the run these days so I do a lot of chasing after her.
I didn't quite understand why they called it a hayride because there wasn't any hay on the trailer that was being pulled by the tractor. I was okay with not sitting on dirty hay but I think they should have just called it a tractor ride.
Ryan couldn't believe how far we drove to get to the pumpkin patch. He told me to take a picture of the mountain by our house to show how far in the country (Syracuse) we were. I think he feels uneasy when he's not near the base of a mountain. So I don't think we will be moving to a house in the west any time soon.

I would have liked to see the pumpkin patch a the first of the season cause our tractor driver said most of the patches had already been picked through. I thought there was still tons of pumpkins for us to choose from though.
We found a pretty good pumpkin for Amira and she seemed to like to walk around all of the pumpkins. She only tried to eat dirt once or twice.
The cost for the hayride covers you getting one pumpkin of any size per person. The tractor driver was nice enough to let us get a small green pumpkin in addition to the three we already have. We told Amira that the green one was for her sister.
Ryan decided to get a huge green pumpkin too just to be different. It's actually pretty cool. Here's all of our pumpkins taking a ride back.
I'm really glad we went and hopefully next year we can explore the farm a bit more and make this a yearly tradition.

1 comments:

The Kaspers of Logan said...

How fun! I have heard of that farm too, but it's a bit of a drive from Logan! I am a slacker and need some pumpkin pictures of Kiley. Amira is getting so big. She is adorable. Hope you guys have a Happy Halloween! Don't eat too much candy : )

P.S. My word verification is "mater"... That's funny!