I wanted to go to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point and Ikea so we thought we would just make a day out of it and then stay at the hotel that was right outside Thanksgiving Point.
It was kind of crappy weather so we didn't spend too much time at the tulip festival. I think Ari was the only one that kept warm. All the tulips were beautiful, hopefully we can make it down there one more time this summer to walk around the garden.
We were looking forward to swimming at the hotel pool, since Amira loves the water and Ari had never been swimming before. The Easter Bunny brought Ari a super cute yellow polka dot swimming suit and I couldn't wait to see her in it.
Amira had a blast in the pool. Lately she really likes dolphins so Ryan was lifting her up and splashing her down into the water and he was saying, "dolphin, dolphin, dolphin." So the next day the first thing she said when she woke us was, "Daddy, dolphin?" I think the next time we get in the water she is going to remember that and request "dolphin."Ari loved the water too and she loved hanging out on the lounger. I can't wait to take them to Bear lake this year.
Amira liked the hotel, especially the phone! She called Buzz and Woody and Grandpa to see what they were doing.
Later that night we set her up with her own drive in. She sat in her blow up jet ski, had a cup full of cheerios, and watched some of her shows on the iPad. Sleeping at the hotel was not fun. Amira didn't want to stay in her own bed, Ryan was kicked in the head a couple of times, I ended up moving to the other bed, and then Amira and Ari both woke up at 4am. Since we were already up we packed everything up and headed home.
Overall it was a great change of pace and something that we will always remember.....our vacation to Lehi!


2 comments:
Sweet! Last summer when Josh's grandparents were in town, we stayed at a hotel in South Ogden for 4 days so we wouldn't have to drive back and forth every day from Logan. It was so fun, I think the kids just like the idea of the hotel... plus the pool! We stayed up every night swimming until the pool closed, then Kiley would sleep til like 10 the next morning! Awesome! Maybe we will stay in a hotel here in Logan this year : )
I love that you stayed in Lehi :)
What a great get-a-way!
Post a Comment