This year I had the opportunity once again to organize Focus' (the company I work for) 3rd annual humanitarian expedition to Guatemala. In May employees started writing essays in hopes of being picked to embark on this once in a lifetime adventure. Everyone was really excited to leave on Saturday for the trip.
Choice Humanitarian, the organization that we go through notified me on Sunday that there had been a plane accident. The charter plane that was taking the volunteers from Guatemala City to the remote village had crashed after having engine failure. When the guy from Choice called me I really couldn't process what he had told me.
It was with great sadness that we learned of the death of John Carter, Cody Odekirk, Lydia Silva and Jeff Reppe along with the injury of Dan Liljenquist. John was in IT and Cody was on our DIRECTV project, both worked in the Roy office with me. Lydia was one of my trainers and Jeff was a director, both were from our Rock Falls office. Lydia has 2 and John has 3 children all under the age of 9. Dan truly is a miracle, he had to undergo surgery but we are hoping that he is back home by Friday.
All were courageous individuals who were taking time away from their families to serve others and make the world a better place. Focus is an extremely close knit company and is taking this loss very hard.
Please pray for John, Cody, Lydia and Jeff's families. If you are able to donate or know anyone that would like to, Focus has setup memorial accounts the names of our employees:
For John Carter and Cody Odekirk, donations can be made at any Zions Bank. Donations can be made in person, mail a check to 2302 Washington Blvd, Ogden UT 84401, or if you have a Zions account you can call any branch to transfer money.
For Lydia Silva and Jeff Reppe, donations can be made at any Sauk Valley Branch in the names of Jeff Reppe and Lydia Silva. Donations can be made in person or be mailed to 201 W 3rd St, Sterling IL 61081.
If mailing a check or money order please specify which memorial fund you would like the funds to go to.
I just want to let all my friends and family that I love them dearly, events like this make you look at your life in a different way.
"I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even in death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love." (Leo Buscaglia)
14 years ago


2 comments:
this is a very nice. jeff was my best friend more like a brother to me i miss him so much. love ya jeff
You did such a great job writing this. I hopeyou don't mind that I stole the quote you used for on mine.
Post a Comment